“As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
1. i was dead
2. my life was full of transgressions and sins
3. i followed the ways of this world
4. i obeyed the ruler of the kingdom of the disobedient
5. i lived among them
6. i lived to please my desires
7. i lived to follow my own thoughts
8. i was like every one else
9. this was my nature. its simply who i was
10. i was looked upon by God with wrath
1. God is rich in mercy and full of great love.
2. God chose me when I was dead and brought me life.
3. God saved me by grace.
4. God has raised me up in union with Christ and has made me an heir to His righteousness.
5. God saved me so that it would display His riches which are beyond compare and His great kindness.
6. My salvation is not a result of my works. It was a gift. As the recipient of this great gift, I have no room to boast. I can only boast in His greatness for giving the gift.
7. God is working in my life. He is forming my life into something that can be used by Him.
8. God planned all of this in advance, specifically for me.
9. God has given me something to do.
10. God is SO good!